As part of our Recipe4Hope year-end fundraising campaign we have launched a photo contest on Instagram – the super trendy photo sharing/social media community that is exclusive to Apple mobile products like iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch (sorry to Android, Blackberry and non-smart phone users). The snow-themed Recipe4Hope campaign stresses that we all need to work together to create an avalanche of autism research. Our campaign video illustrates this point by showing the beautiful Neiman family, all working together to build a giant snowman; just as all of us must work together to raise funds to support the scientific studies our family members need and deserve. The campaign also expresses our thanks and gratitude to our donors, who enable us to do the work we do. We think of them as our angels.
So for this contest, post your own snow angel on Instagram. The photo can show you, your kids, your friends—a family of angels. Be creative! You don’t even need to be in the snow – make a great sand, grass, toy, dirt or leaf angel. Whatever it is we just want to see you spread your wings!
Download the free Instagram app here.
The top submission – as selected by the judges (ASF’s Communications Manager Dawn Crawford & PostalPix’s Co-Founder Michael Sarlitt) will win a $25 gift certificate from contest sponsor PostalPix and three runners up will receive a ASF polar fleece scarf.
Sponsor Postalpix is an iPhone app that lets you order prints of your iPhone photos. Their prints and aluminum panels come in square sizes that are perfect for IG pics. Our thanks to PostalPix for sponsoring this contest!
We can’t wait to see your snow angel pictures! Get a sneak peek of the entries here.
**Please read all the contest rules carefully**
- All photos must be submitted via the Instagram app
- Theme: Snow Angels – Can be made in snow, sand, dirt, leaves, whatever
- Tag With: #ASF_SnowAngel & @autismsciencefd
- Only 1 photo per person – Want to enter more than one photo? Make a $5 donation per photo to ASF at Recipe4Hope.org
- Old photos are allowed
- Original photos only!
- Deadline: Tuesday, December 13 at 5 p.m. EST
- Winners selected by ASF’s Communications Manager Dawn Crawford & PostalPix’s Co-Founder Michael Sarlitt
- Winners announced Wednesday, December 14
- 4 Winners:
- Grand Prize: $25 Gift Certificate to PostalPix
- 3 Runners Up: Fleece ASF Scarf